Saturday, March 12, 2011

Something Real

I woke up with my phone vibrating (it was you calling!) and a song in my head. Incidentally, the first few lines that popped into my head while I was waking up was: "Don't wanna wake up alone anymore." After your very short phone call, I went back to sleep, briefly, and woke up some 30 minutes later. The song was still humming in my head, even though I haven't listened to it lately. It somehow fits my sentiments.

I wasn't looking for someone to talk to. When you have a friend as big as BIG friends, I'm more than okay. I've got more than I could wish for. I'm probably living somebody's dreams but it's not all they say.

And then you came along, and you somehow insisted on sticking around, even though I've been hesitant for awhile. I don't know exactly what you saw in me that made you want to wait and risk and even fight off guys I've paid to pose as my pseudo-lovers. You made me think that love was possible in this messy world. Ironic how I felt sure with you despite the thousands of miles between us. And God knows I want us to work, not for a moment, but for a lifetime.

With airfares and hotels halfway booked, I'm both giddy and scared. Scared of what could possibly happen between now and the time I'll be with you. The things we can't control like disasters and unfortunate events. I want so badly to be with you and to give you all the love in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment