Thursday, December 30, 2010

Finding

Sometimes I catch myself thinking where you had been all these years. But I guess we had different lives and needed them to learn about ourselves, individually, and the world we are in.  And then there are other days when I think how it would all make for a good ensemble movie, of people moving around in close circles and yet never meeting until the credit rolls in.  I mean, we were officemates.  And I had worked many times in the same floor and in the same area where you have been. You were probably not a few feet away from me all those times. But we had other concerns then.  You had your mind and your heart staring at other lands while I was staring at the computer monitor.  Until it was almost closing time and then you found me, picked me up on the streets, then dropped me off again after a night out with your friends, which were innocent enough for me to think that that's all there was.

And then you gave a hundred reasons, which if I were to remove all the numbers where I was smiling would reduce the list to half. I thought about my reasons, if ever I have one, on the technicalities and specifics of finding and falling for you.  As if love will reveal its core truths when put under a microscope.  But I've never had a checklist when falling in love.  There were no requirements on the physical well-being and financial health of whoever I was looking for.  There are a thousand reasons, but there's also no reason. I could do a hundred and maybe more, right from your toes until the tip of your hair, from all the cheese you have told me and everything else that you have shown me, literally and figuratively. But there's also no reason why I love you.  I just do.  Just as mankind continues to find meaning in their existence, so will I continue finding reasons in loving you.

No comments:

Post a Comment