The car radio turned on as soon as I started the car and I heard Alanis singing, you treat me like I'm a princess. Well, not exactly, I said to myself. I wouldn't know how a princess is treated. Maybe, not with whips and chains, although I would have liked the idea. But it was exactly the song that was perfect for the times.
I know I say all the craziest things when you say something cheesy or romantic and I have never been too serious when I hear fluffy words. I'm not used to liking that. Used to being the operative word.
So I guess this is falling. I learn to appreciate the things that make me cringe before. Not that I will turn into mush, but you've already won me over in spite of me. So don't be alarmed if I fall head over feet. I couldn't help it; it's all your fault.
Of course, I have to blame you. If you weren't sweet, if you weren't patient, if you didn't state your case time and again, maybe it would have been different. But you are all that, so don't be surprised if I love you for all that you are.
No comments:
Post a Comment